Pastor, friend, Superintendent for Indiana Assembly of God, Rev Don Gifford, has been my pastor since 1992. We worked together for five years before I left to pastor in Lebanon and eventually CEO of Indiana Teen Challenge. We have stayed in touch since then. Pastor Don and his wife Dianne and I traveled to the Brownsville Revival that made a lasting effect in my spirit.
During these stressful days of Covid-19, I received a letter of encouragement from Pastor Don to the Indiana District Ministry family. Pastor Don permitted me to share with you.
- “In my devotions this morning from Isaiah chapters 40-43 I noticed these promises:
- “The grass withers, the flowers fall, because the breath of the Lord blows on them…and the Word of our God stands forever.”
- “He tends His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them to His heart.”
- “He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom.”
- “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.”
- “Even youths grow tired and weary, but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.”
- “I said, You are my servant. I have chosen you and not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- Sing unto the Lord a new song, his praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you islands, and all who live in them.”
- Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze, for I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
- “Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you…do not be afraid, for I am with you.”
“I share these Scripture so we will continue to have hope.” Rev. Don Gifford
Allow these words from God set ablaze your lightnside for comfort and a light to the hurting world around you. Blessings